This is a dollar-for-dollar matching grant programme. $150k is available per electorate per year for 2015 and 2016. Applications for 2016 seem to be due 15 February but that’s a deadline for our MP [Fraser - Andrew Leigh]!  Due to this being an “invite-only” grant, we are running out of time to get a meeting with Andrew Leigh or his staff (contact for this programme is mentioned at ), and put a proposal together that can be submitted by this date.
The grant amounts may be between $5,000 - $20,000. The applicant must contribute at least the same amount for themselves towards the proposal. For MHV this means if we spend $5,000, we can double our money to $10,000.
- 30 January 2016: [2015 round?] Assessments Completed (target date depending on numbers of proposals)
- 15 February 2016: System open for MPs to advise selected proponents to lodge applications for projects to receive payments in 2016-17
- 30 April 2016: MPs submit recommended projects to the Department to enable assessment and payment in 2016-17
- 31 July 2016: [2016 round?] Assessment Completed (target depending on numbers of proposals)
To be eligible for funding a project must:
- be for capital purchases/activities; and
- contribute to an improvement in local community participation and cohesion and contribute to the vibrancy and viability of the community
- claims against this requirement must be described.
The following items are considered to be ineligible for funding:
- expenditure incurred prior to the announcement that the project has been successful in its application for funding;
- provision of services and support activities;
- payment of salaries for existing staff or contractors;
- recurring or ongoing expenditure (eg annual maintenance);
- projects that seek funding to stage events, exhibit a display or for filming;
- projects to undertake studies or investigations;
- purchase of land or buildings; or
- projects that involve the development of private or commercial ventures including licensed areas of registered clubs.