Glowforge laser cutter update: shipping 2018-10-05

(Steve Kennedy) #21

Oh bugger…

(Paul Harvey) #22

Far out. It’s now 2018-10-15. But I notice there’s somewhere to provide a shipping address now. I wonder if populating that will help us get an actual unit shipped.

Given that I won’t be living in Canberra, I need someone to nominate a shipping address :confused:

glowflorge

(Paul Harvey) #23

This was the June 20 update at https://community.glowforge.com/t/june-2018-update-latest/25934

Air Filter & remaining international shipments
The team continues to work through the air filter production process and prepare Glowforge units for shipments to our remaining international locations. We’ve shipped to most customers’ countries, but some still remain. We hate letting you down on this, and understand how frustrating this is.

Unfortunately, we’ve uncovered additional schedule challenges for both air filter & international shipping. We don’t have updated ship dates yet, but will by next week. At that time, they’ll be updated at glowforge.com/account/ 252, where we keep the most up-to-date shipping forecast information we have available. Of course, should you decide you can’t wait any further, you can email support@glowforge.com to get a refund (on either your air filter or on your international Glowforge delivery).

Extended Founder’s Discount for international customers
Some of our earliest customers have Founder status and receive a discount on Proofgrade materials as a result. That discount is scheduled to expire at the end of 2018.

Based on your requests, we’ve decided to extend it for international customers because they aren’t able to access the Proofgrade store yet. We’ll extend the Founders’ Discount for international Founders by 6 months from the international Proofgrade launch date.

(Paul Harvey) #24

So, who of committee can think of a shipping address of our glowforge? @devdsp @jambulance @tpack @crashman39 @Rurik @Amr_Tawfik

(Ben Paton) #25

I am happy to take delivery of it. I am home most days and can drop it straight to the space so people can get straight to playing with it.

(Steve Kennedy) #26

sounds ok to me

(Amr Tawfik) #27

We gave them an address right? Any day now…:joy:

(Stephen Davies) #28

Do not have access to the Glowforge account but have read through some of the site traffic at the end of this:

It appears that Australia is now out to Jan 2019.

(Steve Kennedy) #29

bugger that is the way it goes :frowning:

(Max Bainrot) #30

I suspect swines are going to grow wings and fly away at this rate :frowning:

(Ryan Mitchell) #31

If someone goes ahead and buys a $150 laser cutter from AliExpress, what do you bet the glowforge will ship the next day?