Donated Stuff

(Amr Tawfik) #1

I thought it might be cool to create a “Donated Stuff” thread. Where we can mention stuff that we donated to infrom people that something is there and if they can use it…etc. It might work out like a little inventory as well.

(Amr Tawfik) #2

I’ll start (and probably be the only one to use this thread, but I’ll find it useful.)

Today I dropped off a Toaster and Kettle

I don’t know how to use the current kettle and I don’t think we had a toaster. I didn’t get a chance to find some room for them yet since I was in a rush. If the space doesn’t need these I’m happy to take them back because they’re pretty nice.

(Paul Harvey) #3

Over the last few months:

• Tektronix TDS540A: a 4-channel 500MHz/2GSa/s digital storage oscilloscope, but without the FFT option mots TDS540s have - one day I’d love for someone to be adventurous enough to hack the software option that’d enable the FFT feature (here’s a link for propserity: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/tektronix-tds-540a-repair/). It comes up with a calibration fault on power-up, that’s normal :slight_smile:
  • Hot-air rework & soldering station (from colleagues at work)
  • HP Benchtop multimeter (from colleagues at work)

(ian) #4

Recent (ish) items from me

Garden related:
Watering can
Tap timer
Sprinkler hose
Spray bottle
Gardening gloves
Consumables (chilli and capsicum plants, garlic chive plants, fertilisers, snail stuff, Ivy treatment)

Food:
Cans of pepsi
Noodle bowls
Corn chip pringles
Bottles of red eye

Other:
First aid supplies
Drill \ jigsaw
Xbox 360 + bunch of games
Tusro board game

(Paul Harvey) #5

We scored this drone today, which I’m pretty excited about :smiley: MHV’s very own Scarab Drone w/FPV - ideas

(ian) #6

3d pen and filament.

Found on the shelves in the back room.

(Ben Paton) #7

Hey all,

I dropped a tablesaw into the shed tonight that was given to us by a friend. It is a bit of a beast and needs some TLC but it is going to be awesome. We will need to spend some money on some new blades and a better on/off switch.

(Derryn Harvie) #8

I’ve got a couple of spare new E-stop switches I can drop in tomorrow night if they’re of any use?

(Ben Paton) #9

That would be good

(Rene Konrad) #10

A number of items were dropped off by Iain McCleod for anyone to take if they would find it useful.

The items include:
Oscilloscope, Type RM503, in working order and has wiring diagrams available from Iain.
Oscilloscope, 20MHz Model 3502, condition unknown.
Stereo, Panasonic SA-AK27, has twin tape deck and 5CD changer.
AV Receiver, Yamaha RX-V657 Natural Sound, not working but wiring diagrams included.
AV Receiver, Sony STR-DB940 Digital AV Control Centre, has FM-AM receiver.

If anyone can use any of these items they should take them. The items will be kept for a short time and then will be disposed of. Iain can be contacted through me if required.

(Amr Tawfik) #11

I wanted to make a tutorial for the Xbox’s that I donated a while back but I never got around to it. I’ll mention it briefly here though:
Original Xbox: This is Modchipped. Just hold the power button for 3 seconds to activate it. It comes with XBMC and a few Xbox games on it, the main beauty is that if you got to “Programs” you’ll find the emulators where it has heaps of old school NES, Megadrive and SNES games.
Theoretically it can also play videos and music but its a bit of a pain getting stuff onto it (You need to FTP it)

Xbox 360: Its JTAGed (mod) and has some games on it as well. Just turn it on and they should all be there. But Ian’s 360 is there as well and he brought lots of games too.

Feel free to play with the mods if you want.

(Amr Tawfik) #12

There’s also a bunch of little game things if you ever get bored there:
Cards
PokerChips
Monopoly
Game of Life
Rubix Cube
Chess, Backgammon, Checkers