At the meeting yesterday (16/Aug) we selected some components for the initial design.
- a WS2812 LED strip (no PCBs)
- a small arduino (not sure exactly which one we picked)
- a clock with battery backup (DS3231)
- it was felt that semi-transparent plastic tubes are best, and we need to check that these are available.
- we have a breadboard to experiment with before designing a box for the controller.
We discussed the basic design and (I think) agreed to continue with the 3 LEDs/minute (180 in total).
We did not yet discuss how the three hands will be presented and how many LEDs (if any) will be permanently on.
We baptised a white plastic project box (sits on top of the soldering station table) with the initial parts (no LEDs strip yet). Once the design is settled it will be time to 3D print the frame (and box) and acquire the LEDs+tubes.
@Ken_Taylor offered to bring in next week a controller+strip for us to see if it suits this project.
(I see it is now described just above).