Committee Meeting 13 November 2018


(Ben Paton) #1

Hello all,

Please find below the proposed agenda for the committee meeting on the 13th of November. If you have anything you would like to be brought up please email @crashman39 and myself. Or if you have edit privileges on the google drive the working document can be found here or add it to the comments below.

If you have been working on a project or something that requires the attention of the committee could you please add it to the comments below or email @crashman39 or myself. It would really help us if you used this format.

Action Group - Name of project
Date of meeting - Approx will do this is more about us know what is the most up todate info
Summary of information - Just enough info so we are all on the same page
Recommendations - What do you want from the committee, if you could make it as a worded motion it will make our job easier plus we won’t misinterpret your intention.
Follow up meeting if required - When will this be dealt with or is more info needed
Who is managing it - who is the contact person for this project.

Also please note that while this is a committee meeting any member of MHV is welcome to attend and participate in most matters.

Proposed agenda

  1. Welcome

  2. Apologies

  3. Previous Minutes

  4. Review Action table.

  • Glowforge update and asking for refund.
  • Hot Water heater
  • Bank stuff
  • Lathe rebuild @sjdavies
  • Working bee outside
  1. Correspondence inwards
  • Trotec offer of a laser cutter lease
  1. Correspondence outwards
  2. Reports
  • Treasurer
  • Secretary
  • President
  1. Essential Business
  • Space Cleaning
    Proposal to clean outside of the space and paint building allocate funds of up to $1000 for this. Exact expenditure to be approved by action group. Put out call for the MHV community to support this financially as well as on the day.
    Motion - That funds up to one thousand dollars be allocated to an action group for rejuvenation of the outside of the space including painting of the building. That this group is headed up by Ben Paton and can spend the funds as allocated by the group. That the group seek any needed approval for works from Property Group before any expenditure is made.
    That the action group informs the MHV community of what is happening and seeks finical support and physical help from the wider MHV community.

  • Glowforge Refund
    Proposed motion - Arising from the community motion at the AGM to seek the possibility of a refund on the glow forge. The Committee has found out that this is possible. This being so the committee asks that Paul Harvey (@csirac2_) puts into action what ever he has to seek the refund from Glow forge.

  1. Action Group Report
  2. Upcoming events
  • End of year BBQ
  • Beginning of 2019 BBQ
  1. Final Thought
  2. Next Committee event
  3. Next committee meeting
  4. Close

(ian) #2

Action Group -
Obtaining a replacement air compressor

Date of meeting -
17/10

Summary of information
The owner of the air compressor has taken it back home. I think the air compressor was a valuable tool for cleaning the workshop, and has other applications like spray painting.

Recommendations -
Seek approval to buy a replacement air compressor

EG
Ryobi 50l compressor (with accessories) - $199


https://www.ryobi.com.au/products/details/airwave-50l-air-compressor-ra-c2550-g

Follow up meeting if required -
After approval given

Who is managing it -
Ian


(Ben Paton) #3

I have entered it in as item 7.3 on the agenda


(Steve Kennedy) #4

from Ken the proposal for the gloforge (7.3) has been already passed by AGM which is a superior body therefore just needs to be actioned , rather than reconsidered

also he sends his apologies for the committee meeting, as he will be away.


(Steve Kennedy) #5

as to the hot water point , it will be replaced this friday 02/11/18


(ian) #6

A better looking compressor from Sydney tools would be
https://sydneytools.com.au/product/fendi-fen50-50l-2hp-oil-free-air-compressor

Advantages (compared to bunnings)

  • Upright orientation - smaller foot print,
  • 50l
  • Higher rated pressure [145PSI ]
  • Oil free

Disadvantages

  • Not sure if it comes with a hose
  • No accessories
  • +$30

A air tool set (With 5m hose) $50


(ian) #7

Action Group -
Improve the appearance of the space by finishing the garden wall / area

Date of meeting -
4/11

Summary of information
The bay that was converted into the square garden should be finished by building a forth wall out of matching besser blocks.
The ‘tarp’ solution is degrading and going to fail soon.
I think this would need to be properly anchored to the ground and adjacent walls, and with rio-bar between block layers. A special concrete form is needed at the bottom for drainage.
I don’t have experience in this area, but @jambulance may have a contact who knows more about masonry.

Bunnings has blocks and cement



[But I suspect real suppliers would exist around the place and be better]
Unsure about cost, [ 30 x Blocks from bunnings + 5 x cement = ~$150]

Recommendations -
If @jambulance can discuss with his contact and advise how to proceed, cost etc.
Seek approval for some resources to build wall.

Follow up meeting if required -
As new information becomes available

Who is managing it -
Ian
(with @jambulance help?)


(Ben Paton) #8

Don’t forget this is tonight


(Ryan Mitchell) #9

Usual time?


(Ben Paton) #10

How about we start the meeting at 7.


(Jamie Reid) #11

Happy to pizza order or Uber eats order :slight_smile:


(Stephen Davies) #12

Hi all,
re CNC lathe budget.

Am not planning on any major hacking in the near future, i.e. new CNC controller or steppers. Given the budget situation lathe is best left in original configuration for now. CNC operations are possible, either using manual keypad entry or via RS232 (serial port) download. Manual operation is possible using the keypad.

Having said that, the next items should probably be:

  1. 4 x heavy duty castor wheels to make a movable cart from scrap lumber (est $50-100 bunnings)
  2. budget for tooling, replacement parts (chuck key, dead centre etc). existing tools use carbide inserts, not cheap. (maybe $100-200?)

(Ben Paton) #13

Hello all please find the attached the draft minutes from tonight committee meeting. To anyone that was there if you notice any discrepancies between this and your recollection then please note it down and we can update it next meeting.

Committee Agenda 181113.pdf (129.4 KB)