This is a volunteer-driven organization run on chaos, donations, and luck. Being on committee isn’t hard - we have a monthly committee meet and perhaps a few hours here and there outside of that. So if you think we could be doing better (we know that we could!) - please step up and help us keep MHV going!
2016 was an eventful year: we scored a new premises (that we somewhat urgently need to figure out how to break-even with); we received a $4,000 donation from the ACT Chief Minister that we’ll be deciding how to spend in this AGM; we received a generous donation of a Taz 5 3D Printer from LulzBot/AlephObjects; we tried to step out of the space a little by participating in community events such as GovHack, BSidesCBR etc. and we’re hoping 2017 is the year we finally see that Glowforge laser cutter
There’s 7 positions: president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and three “general” committee. So between us there isn’t much to do! The positions we know to be vacant at this time are:
- Treasurer - @Dexta_Bb (with @tpack’s invaluable assistance!) has done great work getting last financial year’s books straightened out.
- General committee positions
If you can’t make it to the AGM, you can still nominate yourself for a position and vote remotely if you wish.
- President’s summary
- New committee
- Financial report
11am: Thoughts and ideas for MHV’s future
- Tool wishlist
- Workshop wishlist
- Spending Grant money - http://www.sherline.com.au/MACHINE%20SHOP%20PACKAGES.htm
- Pot Luck?
2pm: Divide up some of the work
- PC/3D printer area
- Welding / material storage area
- Tool room
- Audit - What do we have?
- Install alarm system
- Solve ‘keeping the books up to date and generating the yearly report’ problem